The first attempt at library service in Raymond was organized by the LDS church auxiliary for young people, the Mutual Improvement Association. Books were purchased on a small scale with an appointed officer of the association to be responsible for the loaning and care of the books.
The Public Library was organized in 1931 under the direction of the mayor and council; William Redd was the appointed chairman of an organized board. The town was canvassed for books and funds to buy new books with. The library opened to the public with 500 volumes, mostly donated books. Mrs. Matilda Boyson (Wilde) and her daughter Lorelle were hired and paid by the town to operate the library.
Librarians have been: Matilda Boyson, Relva Booth Ross, Millie Romeril, Emma Peterson, Delia B. Woolf, Dorothea Roberts, Barbara Brown, Kari McKenzie, Linda Sheen, Michelle (Miki) Taylor, and Faye B. Geddes.
The library has operated from four locations: Council Chamber; basement of the old town hall (where the library grew from two to four rooms); The Memorial Library (adjacent to the old town hall), dedicated on September 1, 1953; and its current location in the Community Centre, which opened on June 1, 1996.